1) Payment Fees: Client agrees to adhere to the 3 types of payment charges. (a) 50% upfront deposit at the start of the project (when the client appoint slide comet to undertake the project), unless otherwise stated in the agreement (b) balance of 50% remaining due at project completion unless otherwise stated in the agreement (c) Additional expenses incurred if any (please refer to point 5). Slide Comet reserves the right to withhold the final project content(s) until full payment has been received.
2) Payment Platforms: (a) For overseas payments, the client is to make payment via Paypal. Project fees are subject to prevailing tax rates imposed by Paypal at the time of payment. (b) For local (Singapore) clients, payments are to be made via Bank transfer or cheque.
3) Cancellation (”Kill”) Fees: In the event the client cancels the project after Slide Comet has been awarded the contract, the client is liable to pay the full balance due as stated in the contract. Upon cancellation or kill all rights to the art remain with the Slide Comet and all original art including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials must be returned to Slide Comet.
4) Express Charges: In an event if the client is to bring forward the specified deadline stated in the contract, additional charges will be incurred (on a case by case basis).
5) Additional Expenses: Additional fees may be incurred and charged to the client:
(a) based on the amount of materials deemed necessary for the project (e.g. Stock Images, Graphics, fonts and etc.), at the discretion of our design team.
(b) for any copy edits, bug fixes, functional edits reported to Slide Comet after a grace period of 2 working days upon project completion which are dedicated for client to test all materials and report any errors or incompatibilities.
(c) due to any delays resulting from the client’s failure to provide or perform client materials or Tasks in a timely and satisfactory manner.
(d) if Slide Comet performs tasks that were originally the client’s due to the client’s failure to their tasks in a time-frame or manner necessary to maintain the overall schedule and objectives of the project.
6) Reservation Rights: Slide Comet reserves all rights including any electronic rights or usage, and including, but not limited to, all rights in sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials. Any use additional to that expressly granted herein requires arrangement for payment of a separate fee.
7) Revisions: Once the client has accepted the structure/direction of the artwork during the early conceptualizing stage and proofing, the client would be entitled to two minor amendments during final stage of project.
8) Copyright: Copyrights of all content, materials, logos and design elements from within www.slidecomet.com are owned by the owners of Slide Comet, unless expressly stated in a written agreement.Full copyright of project materials is passed on to the client once full payment has been received. Otherwise, there should be no reproduction, copying, rewritten, publication or alteration of the elements and materials owned by Slide Comet.
Slide Comet retains the right to use the final artwork both online & offline for marketing/advertising of its services unless otherwise stated in any written agreement. As Slide Comet owns the copyright for all elements produced in pursuit of the project, it reserves the right to use all design ideas or concepts that were not presented in the final artwork.
9) Permission & Releases: In a situation when no Copyright permission or privacy release was obtained by the original copyright owner, or there is no agreement on the uses allowed in accordance to a permission or release, the client, and not Slide Comet, is solely liable for any copyright infringements and all subsequent claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees.
10) Project Delivery: The final presentation deck will be delivered via electronic mail and shall be deemed as delivered at the time when the client has opened the email.
11) Amendments to T&Cs: Slide Comet reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions at any point of time with no obligations to notify the public on the changes made.
12) Termination: The client reserves the right to terminate the Project Agreement before the date of project completion. Client shall notify Slide Comet of the termination in writing. The client is liable to pay for work completed up until the date of termination. Slide Comet reserves the right to terminate the project Agreement should the client significantly breach the timeline or significantly alter the Project Agreement . Before a termination is served, Slide Comet will notify the client in writing.
Slide Comet retains the right to turn away or close projects with the condition that reasonable amount of fees are returned.
13) Decisions: Slide Comet will consult the client before making important decisions. In time critical instances, Slide Comet may have to make decision on behalf of the Client.
14) Miscellany: This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms can be modified only by an instrument in writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize design artwork revisions orally. No terms attached to any cheque for payment under this Agreement can modify the Agreement except under an independent instrument in writing signed by both parties. Any dispute regarding this agreement shall be arbitrated in Singapore under the rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and the laws of Singapore. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
CLIENT SCOPE OF WORK
1) Technical requirements: Client is expected to notify Slide Comet, all compatibility and production limitations Slide Comet is required to meet, before commencing the project. Slide Comet is not responsible for system incompatibilities or limitations, which were not conveyed prior to the project commencing.
2) Visual elements: Client to provide approved logo (in Adobe Illustrator CS3 or above with all fonts outlined, or at the bare minimum in High Res Jpeg, along with photos and other materials (e.g. Brand Guidelines / Existing Deck ) [if applicable] for Slide Comet to use in the creation of the presentation deck. In the event that client do not have the raw file for the logo, Slide Comet has the rights to extract the logo off the internet non-regardless of its resolution and quality.
3) Content Submission: All materials which are to be included in the presentation deck shall be collated and submitted to Slide Comet via email (email@example.com) or Dropbox folder at the start of the project date stated in the Project Agreement. Failure to submit all required content will adversely affect the development of the final product. The materials include but not limited to: existing deck, corporate fonts, content with copywriting, corporate guidelines.
4) Proofing: Client holds the responsibility to proof all content, compatibility of software & fonts before the final presentation deck is delivered on the stipulated date. Slide Comet will help ensure that the client receives a compatible version of the finished product to its fullest. However, Slide Comet is not liable for any errors caused by the uncontrollable events.
*Clients are assumed to have read and agreed to these terms on acceptance of Slide Comet’s services.